Choosing an eco-labeled insurance for a car means a big environmental effort. High demands are placed on the insurance company's environmental work, how they manage insurance premiums and work to prevent damage.
The insurance industry has great potential and a unique position in the transition to sustainable development. The industry has a special position partly in being a large consumer of services and products in claims settlement on behalf of its customers, partly in informing the customer about risks and working to prevent claims and finally in waiting for possible claims to manage large financial resources. A large part of the financial resources work financially while waiting for claim settlement and how these are placed and invested in turn affects the climate and environment.
Our environmental requirements
The criteria for Good Environmental Choice Insurances include requirements for licensees, asset management, information to the policyholder, damage prevention work and claims settlement. The environmental requirements mean:
- that the company acts environmentally conscious in procurement and operation.
- that employees within the company have good environmental knowledge and act to reduce the company's environmental impact.
- that the company can demonstrate that damages are regulated in a way that is based on high environmental requirements.
- that the company reports how the insurance capital is invested, with the aim of operating with a high degree of environmental consideration.
- that the company helps insurance customers to become more environmentally friendly in their everyday lives.
You apply for a license to Bra Miljöval for the insurance(s) you wish to label with Bra Miljöval. Read through the criteria, license terms and fill in the application. You will find application documents below.
Questions, please contact us
Do you have any questions about ecolabelled passenger transport or are you interested in labelling your transport? Don’t hesitate to contact us at Good Environmental Choice. Our contact details are listed below.
Apply to be a licensee
Ready to become a licensee? This is the application process step by step. If you have questions regarding what an application would mean for you, please contact us.
Communicate Good Environmental Choice
As a licensee, you can communicate Good Environmental Choice on products and services but also in your own communication. Read how the logo can be used and how Good Environmental Choice should be expressed in text or in other media. Explain the benefits of the eco label to your customers and partners.