Fees for Good Environmental Choice Electricity
The license fees for electricity labelled with Good Environmental Choice consist of different parts. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The license fees are regulated in the Special License Terms and are invoiced at the beginning of the calender year with a forecast volume. Every autumn, an adjustment invoice is sent based on the financial year´s outcome of sold electricity volume, and a fund allocation.
- Application (one-time fee) SEK 10,000
- Annual fixed license fee SEK 5,000
- Annual variable license fee SEK 600 per sold GWh
Additional environmental benefits according to the criteria are achieved through fund provisions in arrears as follows:
- 500 SEK per GWh sold ecolabelled electricity, regardless renewable origin, always goes to the Energy Fund.
- 1000 SEK extra per GWh sold ecolabelled biofuelbased electricity goes to the recently established Forest Fund.
Ecolabelled hydro power means fund provisions to the Environmental Fund, and the fee depends on which environmental requirements the hydro power plant achieves.
If all the new environmental requirements are achieved at the hydro power plant, the fund provision is 500 SEK per GWh to the Energy Fund.
At most the fund provision can be 6000 SEK per GWh ecolabelled hydropowerbased electricity, which are divided between the Environmental Fund and the Energy Fund.
For details see Criteria for Good Environmental Choice electricity 2021 Section 2 and Supplement 1 and 2.