Courier transport (light goods) labelled with Good Environmental Choice has a low climate impact and low emissions of substances that are harmful to health and the environment.
The transport of e-commerce goods is increasing and many companies are competing over delivery to customers. At Good Environmental Choice, we want customers to be able to choose ecolabelled transport that contributes to a lower climate impact, cleaner air, a more pleasant environment and a more efficient transport system.
Ecolabelling shows environmental commitment
Good Environmental Choice is a well-known ecolabel among the general public and has a high level of trust. By labelling your courier transport with Good Environmental Choice, you can easily communicate that your environmental work lives up to high standards.
What goods transport can be ecolabelled?
In simple terms, today’s Good Environmental Choice courier transport is carried out using a vehicle that runs on biogas, ecolabelled electricity or muscle power. The vehicle has a high emission class, or is a bicycle, and is washed with ecolabelled cleaning products in vehicle wash installations that meet stringent environmental requirements. An inspection is carried out every year to ensure that the requirements are met.
Some of our environmental requirements
- The vehicles run on a minimum of 90% renewable fuel.
- Palm oil and PFAD are not permitted in the fuel.
- During prolonged periods of charging, electric vehicles must be charged with electricity labelled Good Environmental Choice.
- Vehicles must, on average, comply with emissions class Euro 5. All newly acquired vehicles must be Euro 6.
- The vehicles are washed in wash installations with stringent environmental requirements and cleaned with ecolabelled products.
- Requirements are set to ensure lower energy use by the transport service, which must meet two of the seven requirements.
New environmental requirements in the pipeline – give your opinion
The current criteria date from 2016, now it is time for new criteria. The plan is to publish these for consultation during autumn 2021, with a hope of launching in early 2022. We look forward to hearing your views!
Questions, please contact us
Do you have any questions about ecolabelled courier transport or are you interested in labelling your service? Don’t hesitate to contact us at Good Environmental Choice. Our contact details are listed below.
Apply to be a licensee
Ready to become a licensee? This is the application process step by step. If you have questions regarding what an application would mean for you, please contact us.